What will you be doing with your land?

Is your lot just big enough for a barndominium and a nice yard, or do you have acreage and bigger plans?

1 Like

We built on a family farm so our yard is just 2 acres but we are in the middle of farmland covered in corn at the moment! We are moving from a 5acre yard and truth be told I’m a little excited to not have to completely upkeep 5 acres! We hope to build another building at some point in addition to our barndo!

1 Like

Yeah. A few acres are nice until the brambles start trying to take over. My parents are on ten acres and you would never know it. They’ve made use of about half of it over the years, and it’s been really nice because there’s room for more. But the back is and probably will always be forest.

1 Like

That sounds amazing :relaxed:. I would love to have 10 acres, and have a lot of it be forest, I think being able to go exploring in it would be great. I do have a dream of keeping bees and having a large garden.

1 Like

I need to keep having an excuse to have my tractor, so I’ve got acreage :laughing:

Trees are always good to have on a property. If you have enough of them and you decide to cut them down someday, you might be able to make some money on selling the timber.

2 Likes

We intend to have a nice garden, some chickens for eggs, and room to keep the neighbors at a manageable distance. We’ve been living in subdivisions for many years, and the older I get, the less I want to deal with the neighbors problems (I hear all of them). I grew up on 185 acre farm. It’s time to return to my roots. Having an excuse for my tractor time is an added bonus.

4 Likes

It’s always nice to have some distance from the neighbors. It makes for good ones :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Those chickens might help to keep any neighbors at bay as well. We had a couple of aggressive roosters for a while. A few people were afraid to get out of their cars when they came to visit :laughing:

1 Like

We have a 25 acre horse farm and will be building on a small section of it so we don’t take away land that could be used for the horses. The dream is to retire in 2 years, sit on the front porch and watch the ponies graze while drinking coffee and crocheting. Our daughter runs the farm.

3 Likes

I like the idea of only taking up a small part of the land. True barn fashion.

That sounds absolutely ideal.