What is your floorplan?

We’re going mostly open plan with the garage/shop taking over one side of the barndominium, which seems to be what a lot of people are doing.

But then I ran across this barndominium. The living area is entirely on the second floor. It makes logical sense, but I never even considered it (also, I’m not sure I would always want to have to go up a flight of stairs to get in the house).

2 Likes

This is beautiful! But as our forever home we decided no stairs! At the beginning we considered a loft but after going over even cost of adding 2 floors, one floor was what we decided on!

3 Likes

That would feel like having an apartment to me. I know it’s entirely psychological, but I would hate it.

2 Likes

I think I’m just barndominium obsessed at this point. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re in good company!

2 Likes

We’re going with a floor plan from this site, 40x60 home section with the shop sized down to a large garage/storage. Ended up going with a barndo when the house plan I’d picked wouldn’t work with the septic placement (lots of rock) but I’m really excited for the possibilities and getting more house then expected.

2 Likes

That’ll be good advertising for the site!
You won’t regret the amount of space.

1 Like

It’s funny how something positive always seems to come from setbacks.

2 Likes

Where are you located?