What do you want to add to your barndominium?

What customization are you looking forward to the most?
Have you already done it? Is there anything you learned in the process?

I know I want radiant heating for the colder months.
My husband is more interested in the workshop. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I like how your husband thinks!

I dream of having a hydraulic lift. So I definitely need a space for that in the garage and to make sure the area is suitable.

I have a lot of vehicles to tinker with. It would just save me so much hassle to have my own lift right there conveniently at home. Yep, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it :laughing:

Radiant flooring - I don’t know about. I feel like it misses something but maybe I’m just old fashioned. It would put an end to cold toes. Still, there is nothing like adding a few logs to the fireplace in the winter.

1 Like

Just to put together a custom barndo on paper will be so great! Figuring out “where” is the biggest question.
My dream is to have open concept kitchen, dining and living room with a double sided fireplace in between the dining and living room. Have not ever built a barndo…yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The double sided fireplace sounds nice!
I’m getting too many good ideas from here. :grinning:

3 Likes

I think an additional building used as a greenhouse would be wonderful. Would be nice to have plants and veggies all year round, regardless of the weather.

2 Likes

I think a nice sized greenhouse is a good idea - especially if you’re not a fan of the “root vegetable months” but still want fresh food year-round without always having to stop by a supermarket.

1 Like

It’s great to be able to get seedlings going early in the safety of a greenhouse - helps to make the growing season that much longer.

1 Like

Everyone has are so many great ideas!
I wish I could include them all.

2 Likes

I just dug the footing for my 15K two post lift. I couldn’t see building this without a lift available. Of course it cost me several additions to the residential side as in my lovely wife now gets her gas range she always wanted, a walk in pantry, and a laundry room the size of a bedroom. Not sure who is ahead at this point and don’t care. This is the last time I plan to build. I’m still ahead on square footage, but she’s placed an order for a car restoration for her. Don’t tell her I’ll enjoy doing it. :+1:

4 Likes

I think you’ve made the perfect compromise. Your secrets are safe here. :laughing:

1 Like