What are normal septic prices?

Have you needed to have a septic system dug and installed?
We’re looking at a quote for $8000 and wondering if that’s high.

1 Like

That was our exact quote for septic for us! We also got a quotes that ranged from $8-$10K, so I guess it would depend on your area but that seems to be what contractors are charging here in KY. It’s so hard to tell what’s reasonable and what’s not anymore with part prices at an all time high, I’ve noticed a lot of people are price gauging even their labor costs just because they can. I get it, the prices of everything going up are taking away profit from these guys, but sometimes I’ve wondered it they know you have to have these things and are sometimes left with no choice but to pay an arm and a leg!
The most surprising costs for me in this build has been how expensive dirt work, and digging ect have been! Sounds like I need to learn how to work some heavy equipment :joy:

1 Like

At least I know it’s not ridiculous now!
I agree that there seems to be a lot of price gouging going on. It’s hard to tell how much is because of how things have been going since 2020 and how much is just companies trying to make more of a profit.
Excavation might really be a good career choice :joy:

1 Like

That seems to be typical pricing. I’ve been checking around jsut to get an idea on prices and all are in that 8-10k range

4 Likes

At least it seems like I got the lower end of the price range. I can’t wait until the whole project comes together over here.

1 Like

Where are you in your process?

I paid a little more than that. You’ve got a good bargain there.

1 Like

We’re working on the land while waiting for the shell to be fabricated. The foundation has already been poured, so it’s just a lot of waiting and busy work right now.

I dream every time I see how yours is going :slight_smile:

1 Like

So exciting! Post pics when you get going good!

You’re getting closer, Teresa! Do you think the construction will get going before summer is over?

1 Like

I can hope! We’re not planning on it, though.

1 Like

I will the moment things start going up! I can’t wait for it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Forget ordinary pictures. Do a motion capture and catch the whole process :partying_face:

1 Like

$6200 and $6250 were the quotes in TN for the septic system installed… with a concrete tank and baffles (gravel beds would’ve been another $200, but the leach fields are not accessible by truck).

Also, there is the mandatory $500 permit from the state and the $500 for the initial soil (aka perk) test and map before we bought the land. Hitting table rock can drive the price up.

2 Likes

Thank you for the breakdown. I don’t get how there can be a couple of thousand difference just going over a state line, but I suppose that’s life and the cost of different bureaucracy, among other things.

1 Like

It’s in the ground and we didn’t have to pay a penny more than the original quote, so I’m calling it a success and going back to waiting on everything else. It genuinely feels good to have something completed for the most part and off the list.

2 Likes

One hurdle at a time!

2 Likes

You’re off to a good start.

2 Likes

If only it wasn’t the only thing done!
We seem to be stuck in a hurry-up-and-wait pattern.

1 Like