Staying in your area or making a big move?

I’ve been curious.

Will (or is) your Barndo going to be in your general area or are you going to relocate to the perfect location for a Barndo?

If you’re relocating, where is everyone heading?

2 Likes

I’d like to have a barndominium somewhere in Texas, maybe in Waco. Place is wonderful with awesome views. Must be nice waking up every morning very close to nature.

2 Likes

We are staying in our area, building on a family farm in South Western Kentucky!

We live and grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. My hubby’s family has had a farm an hour south of Atlanta, since they settled there centuries ago. His father had 110 acres when the land was divided in his time. It is now my hubby’s land. They have cows, a pole barn and a machinery shed. There has not been a house on the land since his father has had it. Having cows on the land has helped with taxes etc. Every Saturday has been farm day. It was always his father’s dream to live there. We are starting to plan our home there since we are semiretired. We hope that our son and daughter will bring their families here to live some day. So, I guess we are moving away, but not that far away.

3 Likes

Ours is about an hour away from where we live now. I would have liked to have been a little closer but finding the perfect land was a higher priority for us.

2 Likes

We will be relocating, since the amount of land we would like to have isn’t too possible for where we are currently located. Especially with the prices around here. However we aren’t sure where we will end up. We keep going back and forth of staying in our state, or moving to a new state. We aren’t ready to purchase, so we haven’t really sat down and planned that yet.

3 Likes

I think a move in the direction of larger land and more rural makes sense from a lot of standpoints.

3 Likes

I know that having enough space was important for us. We have a lot of plans for the land itself.

2 Likes

We’re headed for Tennessee! Pretty excited!!

3 Likes

That is exciting!
Welcome to the Barndo community. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a new adventure!
A change of scenery is so necessary sometimes.

1 Like

Where in Tennessee are you moving? My mother was from Knoxville. I also have friends in Tennessee. Seems like Tennessee does get its fare share of snowy winters. In the Atlanta, Georgia area, we just shut down, cause most of us natives can’t drive in that white stuff. It will be nice to have a nice wide open space and warm home to stay home in.

1 Like

Tennessee is pretty!

1 Like

We have lived on both sides of Atlanta and I can remember living in Kennesaw and it was a tiny dusting of snow and people abandoned their cars and the city literally did shut down! It was so weird to me growing up in KY seeing it!

We’ll be about an hour west/sw of Nashville! My son moved there when he was dating his (now) wife & loves it! They have 2 adorable littles that we’re looking forward to spending time with, so moving/building/living cannot come fast enough!! My mother-in-law was born in Knoxville! What I know is that a lot of people from Illinois have already moved there, so I’m just “joining” the party!!

G

1 Like

There is so much to do in Nashville! What a great place to build!

Nashville is on the top of my list of places to seriously consider if I were ever to make another move. Amazing place!

2 Likes