Round home design

I wonder if it possible BARNDOMINIUM can design a ROUND HOUSE with options -cowboyisdeaf

1 Like

You could use a large grain silo (or silos) as a shell?
Or have it custom built.

I like the idea.

1 Like

Have you thought about using an arch frame?

Here’s one from a professional builder:

1 Like

I like the look of that one too.
I think I would want a couple more skylights along the side, but it looks like a great concept.

1 Like

Wow! That arch frame design looks really nice! And, because it’s arched down to the bottom, I assume you won’t have any issues of rain water or snow piling up on the roof. Great!

1 Like

If you look at plants and trees they are round as to stand against Mother Nature wind storms if it doesn’t have thick branches to up root them then your home will still be there when all others are damaged or gone.

1 Like

@CJohnson - I completely agree. I’d think the arch frame would be perfect for snowy areas.

@cowboyisdeaf - As for trees, I agree that the roots can kill a foundation over time. What seems like a harmless tress in the yard can end up causing a lot of damage down the line.

2 Likes

That’s a really nice design concept! Something new and appealing.

1 Like

Custom-built is probably your best bet, but there also may be steel silo kits that you could absolutely use as a barndo shell. Love this idea!

2 Likes

I would have to name it “the silo” or something along those lines if I lived in one.
There would definitely be a sign involved.

2 Likes

I found one with a silo staircase!
You just need to go a little bigger :smiley:

1 Like

If it can be thought of, it can be done! That could get interesting with larger silos.

1 Like

Alright, so I had to look more into the silo house idea, and there are actually some out there already!

There is this one, which I feel is a little “underdone”:

This one that I am in love with. It’s so classic farm and country!

This one that has more of a barndominium feel to it, although it’s still on the small side:

And last, but not least, this one hiding in Utah:

2 Likes

It’s amazing how creative people can get.

1 Like

It really is. Now I’m wondering what else is out there.

Barndominium Life Community”

2 Likes

I hope you’re finding some inspiration!

I may have had too much fun with this thread :rofl: I hope it gave you some ideas.

1 Like