Radiant Heat Flooring

Radiant Heat Flooring Down! We opted to do this ourself and while the labor itself was not hard, it was time consuming! Did you choose radiant Heat flooring or will you in your barndo build?

1 Like

What a great idea! Are you going to have a stained cement slab as your flooring? If so, this is a perfect solution to the cold.

1 Like

We were going to stain but I think we’ve decided to just seal and leave the natural gray color! So excited to test them this winter!

That looks like a lot of work. Nicely done!

I guarantee you will have no regrets when the cold weather comes.

1 Like

I love it!

It’s always great when you can do it yourself and save on labor costs.

We’re going with radiant heating too.

1 Like

It’s been great to watch the pieces of your Barndo come together.
I love watching them go from nothing to complete - and all the stages in between. .

2 Likes

It’s amazing to see it all from start to finish. You’ll be walking on those floors soon, if you aren’t already!

1 Like

We sure hope so! I’m so excited it’s not going quick enough for me :joy:

1 Like

Haha. Yeah, we can love the process and still be impatient for move-in day. You’ll get there :grinning:

2 Likes

I bet that will feel nice underfoot in a couple of months.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing if it’s as great as we’ve heard!

2 Likes

Keep us updated! I’m curious about how well the rooms heat up.

1 Like

We are getting with the supplier this week, we have to fill pex up so we are ready for winter! I’ve been hearing mixed things about it so I’m interested to see our experience.

1 Like

Heat rises so, theoretically, it should be nice.
Although, I’m sure there are many theories out there that have landed people in a scarf and flip-flops. :sunny: :cloud_with_snow:

I’m hoping for the best for you.

2 Likes

Quick update!

We fired up our radiant heat floor because my husband is impatient! Here in KY our weather goes from 30 degrees to 70 degrees in a days time so that seems to be a challenge. Although, we have yet to turn on any heat because of the radiant heat floor. It has kept our indoor temp at 74-76 degrees without any other heat help. That will be nice when it gets constantly cold. But now it gets a little toasty on afternoons when it’s sunny and 65 out. We have just started turning on our “fan” mode to keep it from being stuffy inside in the afternoons but as far as sufficiently heating the house it has done a great job being on for the last 3 weeks!

1 Like

That is so good to hear! Maybe it will be a nice excuse to leave the windows open on nice afternoons.

1 Like

Seems like you’ll be covered for winter. That was always my major concern with radiant flooring. I hadn’t even considered the between seasons.

1 Like