Purchasing Floorplans/Blueprints

Hello, is it possible to purchase plans/blueprints from this site? If not, what to do when you find one on here you like? Thanks!

Hi Sara!

If you find a floorplan that you like on the site, it’s a good idea to bring it to an architect as the inspiration for what you want. They should be able to work with it.

Do you have a rough idea of what you are looking for regarding the style and layout?

1 Like

yes, we like a plan on here, but would like to purchase blueprints for the plumbing etc. An architect is a couple thousand dollars in my area. We can’t afford that.

1 Like

You can try contacting the site owners. Maybe they have a higher detail/definition copy than what’s on the site.

1 Like

If you have a tech college close, we went to one for ours and the draftsman was very reasonable my priced! We drew our layout and dimensions and he drew up the actual blueprint. I think it was about $600 and he’s licensed he just teaches at the college to the students instead of a “firm”. Might be worth looking into for your area.

3 Likes

A tech college is a great idea. I never even would have thought to reach out to one.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will look into them for sure!!

2 Likes

In general, it can be hard to find blueprints on the internet that include detailed plumbing because that can change based on the size of the pipes, etc. A local contractor may be a better source of information on that part.

2 Likes

Let us know what you discover! I’m sure the question is going to come up a lot.

3 Likes

I will do that thank you!

3 Likes

So I found that Hanson Pole Buildings will do blueprints. They are only about 700$. If you choose to use them they take that off the price of the kit.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad deal!

1 Like

I like their printer.
I’m assuming they do a bunch to go along with their products so they should have some decent experience.

1 Like

That’s a great deal! Nice to find someone who offers that!

2 Likes

I am having the same problem!! The architect wants 10,000 to 12,000 an hour (that’s what he wrote!) to do one drawing and then another 12,000-16000 to do another drawing. What the heck?!? It’s a barn! I have a program to do the floor plans. It’s not great for roofs or stairs or visualizing the outside. May need to find something else. Any suggestions??

2 Likes

Those are insane prices. I would definitely talk to someone other than that architect.

This article has a lot of good ideas and actually lists a few companies that may be helpful.

1 Like

Have you had any luck with the Hansen blueprints? I’m curious to see what they contain.

We decided to go with another company. We were able to save a good chunk. My husband is going to build it. We needed prints because we were going to hire someone to build it.

1 Like

Nice! I hope we get to see the end result (we like pictures of the building process too).

1 Like