Light in the laundry room

Most laundry rooms I’ve been in do not put a focus on sunlight, but should they? That’s where clothes spend part of their lifespan, and one of the first places mildew finds a home.

1 Like

I agree. When I was growing up, I always associated dryer sheets and basement smells with laundry. At a minimum there should be some airflow.

2 Likes

Such a great subject! We hang dry most of all our clothes so I have a fan currently, I’ve never seen a ceiling fan in a laundry room but I wonder why not?!

2 Likes

I’d think that a ceiling fan would be a good idea considering everything going on in a laundry room, including the heat of the dryer.

2 Likes

Yep! Light and air - that’s what I want to see, like where you would expect truly clean and fluffy towels to actually come from.

1 Like

Does anyone else think it’s a really bad idea to have a dog washing station in the same room as the clean clothes?
I like the idea of having somewhere to get fido clean that isn’t the bathroom, but the second they start shaking all that water off…

I think I’ll be sticking with the old fashioned hose in the backyard option for now.

1 Like

I love the idea of a separate little shower area for pets but I think in the garage might be nice. I always feel like I have to double clean out the tub after our dogs baths!

1 Like

The garage seems like a good idea. Or a separate little outdoor spot near the back of the house. But yeah, that is not going anywhere near my clean sheets :rofl:

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking.
This is about as fancy (and as close to the barndo) as I would go.

That’s simple and effective. I would consider partially enclosing it in case of bad weather.

1 Like

Or if you want to go overboard and give them the spa treatment…

2 Likes

Ha! A dog’s life has gone up in quality!

1 Like