How did you know it was the right time to start building your barndo?

Ok. So Monday we have our house pictures to place it on the Market, we already talked to my parents (we will be living with them during construction time) they are so happy to have the kids living with them (I hope they still thinking the same 3 months later :grimacing:) , our paperwork for a Land Loan is in process, and NOW just NOW I started having all of those : what if!!!

• what if it’s not good idea selling your house!
  • what if it’s too much work and you can’t handle it!…
    So overwhelmed!!!
2 Likes

I think all this is very normal! We are almost done with ours and to tell you the truth I’m still “what if-ing” you will be able to get top dollar for your sale I’m sure which will be nice. From what I’ve heard construction prices are going down a little bit. I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason so I would say you sell your house, you get a contractor and get the ball rolling then it’s the right time :joy: it won’t be without trails for sure but things just kinda flow once you get started! Maybe a slow flow but a flow nonetheless!

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s like that normal feeling before the roller coaster starts.
From now on I need to take One thing at the time… I’m so glad to be part of this community, Im going to be asking a thousand questions :grimacing::grin:

3 Likes

This is a great time to sell, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. You’ll probably have a good offer sooner than you would expect.

Congrats on getting things started!

1 Like

Just take it one step at a time. You’ll get there. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is time to sell, my moms next door neighbor fixed his home up this past 11 months and put it up on 1st of June 2021 and he had 40 offers in 60 days and what the house was appraised for and got that number with today’s market. So get it appraised and add 10 thousand to play with so you can get your appraisal offer. Good journey down the path to barndo ownership.

3 Likes

What a crazy amount of offers! What has been going on in the real estate market really is incredible.

1 Like

Right. Houses seem to sell faster than they go up for sale.

1 Like

It is crazy, I was so nervous, but place our house on the market this past Friday and so far we already have 4 offers :scream::grimacing::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

That’s great news! Good for you!

1 Like

Nice! Hopefully at least one or two of them are within the range you want?

1 Like

There’s nothing quite like a seller’s market!

1 Like

Are you all packed yet? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

In the process of selling our house in Michigan, and headed to the Chattanooga area. Going to rent a house and start the process of finding land and a builder. It is a wild feeling, but, plan your work and work your plan!

I have a feeling I might have a question or two for the board…

3 Likes

I think you’re making the right move by renting in the area and giving yourself a chance to really see the land that’s available. The right land is important for so many reasons.

1 Like

I’ve had so many questions during the process! You’re definitely not alone. This has been a good place to learn.

We have landed and are ready to start searching out land and builders… going to start our search SE of Chattanooga… Finding a builder seems like it will be the proverbial “longest pole in the tent”…

3 Likes

Yep, the first challenge is finding a builder.
The next is navigating the supply chain issue…

1 Like