Has anyone done stamped concrete floors?

I’m not sure I can live with polished concrete floors. Has anyone had theirs stamped and stained to look like wood floors?

1 Like

I don’t know anyone that has gone ahead and done it yet but I know there has been some discussion about stamped floors. They can look astounding if done right.

1 Like

We just did polished concrete, but I have seen the stamped floors. We’ve had stamped exterior concrete in previous homes. The wood grain stamp is awesome. Just be sure you get some sort of epoxy maybe or a “filler” for this wood grains if doing interior. We’ve had flooring that had the natural grooves and cleaning it was a nightmare. Every mop we tried would just go over it and be left with stuff in the grooves. If you could get a smooth surface but the wood grain look, that would be amazing and ideal! One major reason we went with polished concrete is the fact we will be having a lot of rugs, so we decided the actual amount of flooring that’s shown wouldn’t be a whole lot so we placed that money elsewhere in the budget! Post pics of you end up going stamped, I’d love to see it!

2 Likes

I agree that the only major issue I can see would be with getting the indentations/grooves clean. Any floor that doesn’t need major scrubbing is preferred!

2 Likes

Something like this might be the best of both worlds (stamped and easy to clean):

I found it on this site if you want to browse through what the company has done:

4 Likes

This is gorgeous!!! That would be perfect for adding a little something but still easy to clean!

1 Like

I was happy to come across it. I’m assuming it could be stained to look like more of a wood color/stain but honestly I like that exactly as it is.

2 Likes

That really is gorgeous.

1 Like

Thanks “goingbarndo” for the website will have to call to see what all the process is. If you have anymore info from start to finish process in ohio. I will really appreciate it cause I’m going to start the dream in head to reality world here in a few months. To hopefully have done this time next year after being on this site for a few months. Has made me feel really good with hearing everyone good, not good experiences and helped me process all the info in and decide on certain things better than other things.

3 Likes

When are you breaking ground? I’ll keep an ear to the ground for information from Ohio.

1 Like

That sounds exciting! Planning is half the fun.

1 Like

I’ll be planning to hopefully do it next spring. I already have 8 acres of land that sits up off the road about 52ft up on a hill and 4 acres of woods on my back side with farmland all around 2 sides of it. Already ask farmer if he wants to sell the 8 acres next to me that I would buy it from him when he is ready to sell. I have 180-200 ft below my land natural spring water with 3 ports that spew water backup to top that sits in woods and one over in corner by the road and other one sits just about 30 ft off of where my front porch will be down the hill it flows toward the street. Big deer haven my land is according to the farmer. I’ll be doing barndo in steel with nothing but views I’ll have to build it like a tornado could hit any time.

1 Like

Don’t forget to invest in good shutters if you’re dealing with serious weather.
I’ve always liked the idea of steel rolling shutters. They’re more for businesses but I’ve seen a few on houses over the years and I think they would work really well with some barndominiums.

Exterior metal rolling shutters come in different colors. The most picked color is white and the most desirable method of operation is with a  remote control.
Exterior metal rolling shutters come in different colors. The most picked color is white and the most desirable method of operation is with a  remote control.

4 Likes

I love this idea! I’ve never seen these before.

Nice! :+1:
May I suggest a new post for the storm shutters? May be easier to find in future searchs. And I’ll add a link to a type of shutter with a cool “vent” feature… if I can find it.

3 Likes

Done!

2 Likes

Those are nice. I posted more on your other thread.

2 Likes

Because I feel guilty about derailing this thread with shutters, here’s another concrete floor design that I love for its simplicity:

2 Likes

Here is a company that does several different types of concrete floors. https://www.modernconcretefloors.com/

2 Likes

I like that you can attain most looks with concrete floors. It’s all in the stamping, finish, and staining.

2 Likes