Grip Additive to Concrete Floors

Has anyone added the grip additive to your concrete floor sealer? I am looking at the eagle brand sealer and I’m wondering if the grip additive is what we would want for interior non slip purposes? Any info would be great! I just don’t want visual bumps on the floor!

Is it a micronized polypropylene additive? I think silica sand is too much for interior floors.

1 Like

Yes it is Polypropylene. When getting quotes from someone to seal it for us, he said he used a wax that also made it non slip and Eagle brand makes a polish but I’m not sure it’s the same thing. I don’t want our floor to be slippery but I also don’t want to change the color of them or have that bumpy look either adding a grip additive.

I’d go with the polish or wax for the interior.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what we decided on! It says the polish act as an anti slip as well so hopefully that’s all we need!

1 Like

For anyone looking for concrete sealer as a DIY project, we ordered from Eagle Sealer and got our order in one day free shipping! I’ve read great reviews of this brand, we ended up going with the Armor Seal and the polish and got the etch and clean for prep. I’ll post pictures of this process for anyone who will be sealing your concrete floors yourself!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see those floors!

1 Like

It should work. They don’t need a lot of extra effort to stay non-slip.

2 Likes