Granite, marble, or soapstone counter tops?

Originally, we were going with a marble slab but the supply delay has been long enough that I’ve officially given up. What’s out there that’s nice - and in stock?

Soapstone pic for inspiration.

a

2 Likes

Soapstone is an interesting option but I think a kitchen would do better with something that looks more naturally polished.

Yeah. I was thinking it might end up looking dingy. I want that classic farmhouse feel but I still want it to look like my counters are clean after I’ve cleaned them.

1 Like

I wonder how highly they can be polished. After seeing some of the polished concrete out there, I’m just about convinced that anything can be done with enough machinery.

1 Like

Ha! It looks like it requires oil and wax, actually. You’re right. I’m skipping the soapstone.

1 Like

Have you considered quartz. Another option that many people discard out of hand is concrete. Concrete counter tops if done well look very nice, don’t break the bank, and are usually done on sight.

2 Likes

You know, I hadn’t thought of concrete! And it would go really well with the floors.
I may have to consider quartz too. I was just looking at some online and they’re really beautiful. Thank you for the ideas :heart_eyes:

Granite is a great choice

1 Like

I’m going to have to side with granite or concrete on this one. There are good quality options out there that will last you a long time and they’re not always what you would expect.

1 Like

I have a lot to think about. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like