Flooring Options

I’m thinking of going with a stained, polish concrete floor since that seems to be a popular choice and it feels like it will be easy to maintain. What did you go with?

2 Likes

We are going with sealed concrete. We were going to stain but after the concrete has been poured we really liked the look of it so we will just seal more than likely!

2 Likes

Also going with sealed concrete. Staining is great but I think the natural concrete color is going to go really well with the rest of the home.

1 Like

Yes! We love the look of our natural concrete!

That floor will withstand the test of time.
Same here for my sunken living area. I have wood flooring raised above the concrete in the other sections.

Sealed concrete is the move, especially if you are in an area that gets hot. It really helps cool down the house throughout.

3 Likes

It is nice. We’ve picked a light stain that really helps to bring out the other colors.

We do not have a barndo built but we want to so been researching some flooring ideas. One that I have come across and REALLY like is on YouTube if you search
“Concrete stamping of wood plank“ or “concrete patio stamping” which I saw looked like brick patio. I was pretty excited to see these floor options and all the colors offered. Has anyone considered these?
Also does anyone have heated floors? Not sure it’s needed or not?

2 Likes

I googled the concrete stamping and that looks like a nice idea!

There’s a thread here on heated floors. They have some advantages.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Teresa! I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Definitely. I’ve got sealed concrete now and that’s where I can find the dog all summer long. He finds a spot on the floor and doesn’t budge. He knows the coolest part of the house.

1 Like

Do you have any regrets with your sealed concrete? We originally were going to stain but we really like the color our concrete is, to just seal would be nice. Also any issues with it being slippery? Did you add any anti-slip to your sealer?

2 Likes

It’s been a breeze to keep clean, and it’s no more slippery than any other floor I’ve had - when dry. When wet, it’s definitely slippery. That’s fine for floors that no one will be walking on until they’re dry.

But for areas like bathrooms, I would recommend the grind and seal method with a non-slip compound.

2 Likes

Awesome…we intend on doing an anti slip throughout but my thought process was the same as it being fairly equal to a hardwood being slippery. We are “ride bikes and scooters in the house” people so we need durability over looks :joy:

2 Likes

Ha! Yeah, it will be able to handle bikes in the house. You might even be able to ride an ATV through there sometimes.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then there is this…

LOL

2 Likes

:rofl:
I’m not sure I want to know the explanation behind that one.

2 Likes

That is so wrong! Lol!

I saw somebody mention rugs on the sealed cement. This is a good idea for rugs, washable. https://ruggable.com

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. The smaller bathroom-size rugs in my house always end up in the washing machine at some point. It would be nice to have an option to do it with larger ones too.

1 Like