Dining room tables?

Okay, this isn’t really barndominium specific, but am I the only one who still loves the extendable dining room tables with removable leaves?

When I was growing up, my grandparents had one and they would extend it during the holidays so everyone could fit at the table. I really want that same thing, but I’m not finding a lot for sale, and the ones I have found are “meh” at best.

4b2948_165881c2b9e241869c917d1708e55e9b_mv2_d_1800_1201_s_2

Image borrowed from https://www.theamishhome.com/single-post/extendable-dining-tables-problems-solutions

2 Likes

I am such a sucker for a long “gather” table!!! We built one for our current house and I’m anxious to see what it looks like in the barndo. A table with the leaf would be nice to give more room other times when a big table isn’t needed though. I struggle to find furniture I like anymore!

1 Like

Those tables are nice. You might have to look for a used one or have it custom-built if you want the same quality they used to have.

2 Likes

I might try to talk my husband into making one. It looks like a fairly straightforward project assuming the right hardware is available.

2 Likes

We are inheriting my in laws dining room table, chairs and China cabinet. It is farm style. Right now I have my mother’s dining room set. It is Queen Anne style. Our kids don’t want my mother’s set. Guess I will sell it.

1 Like

I would have such a hard time parting with that set!

Yes, it’s hard to let go, but somehow I have to let some things go. We have my mother’s Queen Anne bedroom set. Queen Anne style is not the farm style we want for the living area.

1 Like

We just built a 9ft farmhouse table! It’s HUGE but now we can all sit together!

3 Likes

That looks like a well-built table - and right in time for the holidays.

1 Like

I absolutely love that table! It’s perfect.

1 Like

You can find farm tables out there for sale. Our daughter had one from after college living. She still has it. Hubby bought 2 more for our daughter’s farm wedding. I don’t think we paid more than $150! The ones we got are handmade the same way as this picture. The tables all came from different locations.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. There are so many great finds out there waiting to be discovered by someone who can appreciate them.

There is something kind of perfect about bringing the family together for the holidays and having everyone gather at a classic farm table.

1 Like