Barndo Building Process

I just thought I’d share our process so far! I know when starting this build, we didn’t quite know what to do first so maybe this will be helpful to someone in the same boat!
Our first task was to level the land for the structure. After the land was level, we co tasted water and electric and had our trenches dug and the lines run. If you have electric poles, this may not be a requirement for electricity, but you will have to for water.

The barn guys came in and threw up our structure in one day! Next, they put on the metal roof. The plumber came and

roughed in our plumbing in the floor then we brought in rock for the floor. We came in and installed radiant Heat flooring before they poured our concrete. They framed in the exterior walls and doors and windows then applied the outside metal. Gutters were next then they framed the interior walls. We covered our concrete floor in Ram Board to protect it. If you are covering in flooring then this probably wouldn’t be necessary.

We are at the stage now, they have begun to spray our closed cell foam insulation and the plumber has started running the water lines for the walls. We opted to run our lines in the wall instead of in the concrete in case of an issue, drywall will be easer to replace than busting up concrete. After the insulation is done on the roof and exterior walls the plumber and electrician will hopefully get started and we can roll onto drywall!

8 Likes

This was a great “play-by-play” so to speak. Thank you for sharing. Hope you post an update, and the rest of your build goes well. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the info very helpful for those of us still in prepping mode.

1 Like

Good luck on your venture! It’s a fun, stressful ride! :joy:

I definitely will! It’s nice to have fellow barndo lovers like me!

Thank you for sharing this! It’s really coming together.
I’ve been wondering how it’s all been progressing over there.

1 Like

It is going fairly quickly but of course I’m impatient so not quick enough! :joy:

1 Like

You are getting so close! Once the drywall is up, it will really feel like it has all come together.

1 Like

Yes! I am itching to get that drywall up!!!

2 Likes

We’re expecting pictures when you do! I’m hooked now.

1 Like

I might be as excited about it as you are at this point :star_struck:

1 Like

This is great! Love the sharing for all newbies. Thanks!

2 Likes

We’re all at some point on the journey!

1 Like

Holy Wow! I am so overwhelmed by everything as I am just getting started. Your play by play is awesome, thank you!

3 Likes

I too am still overwhelmed :joy: there is so much that goes into it, it’s been pretty easy to do, but getting the right people has been key to getting things done as efficiently as possible!! I’ll continue to share our process!

2 Likes

Here are some more progress pics! The insulation has been completed and drywall is next.

1 Like

It’s so close to complete! When do you expect it to be done?

1 Like

We were hoping end of august but I’m not sure how realistic that will be! Middle of September is probably more realistic!

3 Likes

It’s looking good! That frame has really been filled out.

It is. It’s starting to look like a home!
My fingers are crossed for you for the end of August.

1 Like