Alabama barndo owners

Is there any one in central Alabama that has already built, or is building, that would be will to let us visit your home and swap experiences and contacts? We are planning on starting in the next month or two.

2 Likes

I wish I knew someone personally in the area for you.

Your post reminded me of this article
https://www.findfarmcredit.com/landscapes-articles/home-sweet-barn

You’ve got Barndo neighbors out there.

1 Like

can’t help on visiting a barndo unfortunately, but hope this article helps - Building a Barndominium in Alabama | Your Ultimate Guide

1 Like

Also these folks are in AL, they’re active on facebook groups - Alabama Barndominium By Wesley And Jennifer Clark

2 Likes

My husband and I built a 24x50 Pole Barn using a kit we purchased from Panhandle Lumber and Supply Bonifay, FL. These kits can easily be used to design a home.
Our home is a 1897 farmhouse and both of our additions (24x35 and 12x16) we used metal pole barn trusses custom built by Jordan Truss Defuniak Springs, Fl. The cost savings on both additions was unbelievable compared to the estimates given by local contractors. We wrapped the trusses in reclaimed wood. I would be happy to send pictures of our living room addition. If you are ever in the Southwest Georgia area I would be more than happy to show you what we have done. If I ever built again it would definitely be a barndominium!!

2 Likes

I’d love to see the pictures! You can send them via email if you want. Kristiwatts07@gmail.com. Tysm

1 Like

Tysm! I’d love it if I could figure out how to reach them and pick their brains.

1 Like

We are still working on our home and I will get picks today and send them tonight.
You can go to panhandle salvage.com and see pics of some completed barn kits. Their kits include everything to construct the open structure and engineered prints if required by your building department/code enforcement. Do you already have an idea of the size home you want or the floor plan? One idea if using barn kits is the barn kit as the main open living area/kitchen and lean-to on each side for bedrooms and baths.

2 Likes

panhandlesalvage.com

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!
I know there are at least a couple of people from Alabama around here.

1 Like

Central Alabama here. Our house just got a contract, that we accepted, only 24 hours after first showings! They are wanting to close august 30. It is getting real all of a sudden! Still haven’t committed to a builder but like Alabama Metal Components so far. Do you mind me asking who you are using for the work?

2 Likes

Congrats on making the sale! That should be some incentive right there.

I’m excited for you! You’re one step closer to living the dream.